Robert S. Katz, MD is a leading expert in the field of Rheumatology with experience in both research and patient care. He treats patients with all types of musculoskeletal conditions — including rheumatoid arthritis, lupus, fibromyalgia, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and other related conditions.
Dr. Katz is a Professor of Medicine at Rush Medical College and Adjunct Associate Professor of Medicine at Northwestern University‘s Feinberg School of Medicine. Few doctors in Chicago are accepted on the staff at both these excellent institutions.
Dr. Katz’s more than 400 original research studies keep him close to the cutting edge of medicine, especially in lupus, rheumatoid arthritis and fibromyalgia.
- Honors and Awards:
- Master, American College of Rheumatology
- Listed in U.S. News & World Report’s Top Doctors rankings, considered to be among the top 1% of doctors in his specialty nationwide.
- Included in each edition of Chicago Magazine’s “Top Doctors in Chicago” since the original article in 1998, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2010, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021 and 2022.
- Included in the national edition of Castle Connolly’s America’s Top Doctors for the past 18 years
- Included in Best Doctors: Guide to Top Doctors, each edition for 16 years
- Professional Achievement Award, Lupus Foundation of America
- Pioneer Award for Innovative Research, Lupus Foundation of America, Illinois Chapter
- Board member, Lupus Society of Illinois
- Chair, Medical Advisory Board, Lupus Society of Illinois
- Former board member, Arthritis Foundation of Illinois
- Former medical editor, CBS TV News, Chicago
- Appointed rheumatologist for the Chicago White Sox
- Patients’ Choice Award, Top 5% of US physicians
- Compassionate Doctor Award, Vitals
- Honoree, Lupus Foundation of America, Illinois Chapter, Gala Benefit
- Leading Physicians of the World, Fellow, The Institute of Medicine
- Selected as a Top Doctor in Chicago, IL by the International Association of Healthcare Professionals.