I am proud of our tradition of excellence at Rheumatology Associates. I am happy to announce that my son-in-law, Dr. Ben Small, has joined our practice. Dr. Small finished his Rheumatology fellowship at the University of Illinois. He graduated from Brown University and Rush Medical College.
My daughter, Dr. Alexandra Katz Small, will join our practice in 2020. She is finishing her Rheumatology fellowship at Rush after completing her internal medicine residency at Rush. She graduated from the University of Pennsylvania and the University of Illinois College of Medicine.
I am never planning to retire.
In medicine, there has been a revolution in therapeutics, especially in my field of Rheumatology, which is fortunate for our patients. It has been amazing to witness and participate in the development and use of these new, extremely effective biological drugs. As a result, I often hear patients say, “You changed my life.” That is the accomplishment of which I am most proud.
Below is a summary of our recent honors:
1. Rated in the top 1% of Rheumatology specialists nationally by U.S. News & World Report.
2. Listed in Chicago Magazine as one of the ‘Best Doctors’ in the January 2019 issue. Doctors are chosen by their peers. I am honored to have been listed in every ‘Best Doctors’ issue of Chicago Magazine for the past 20 years.
3. Castle Connolly’s guide to America’s Top Doctors and cited each year since the first edition many years ago.
4. Research: Presented 14 original scientific studies at the annual American College of Rheumatology Scientific meeting in San Diego last November, and 10 this year in Chicago. We enjoy being at the cutting edge of clinical research.
5. Chairman of the Medical Advisory Board of the Lupus Society of Illinois and on their Board of Directors.
6. The Compassionate Doctor award and also the Patient Choice award.
7. The Master Award, the highest honor given by the American College of Rheumatology.
Although insurance is becoming increasingly complicated these days, we can continue to see you, whether you are in or out of network with your insurance policy. You can always call us at (312) 226-8228 and ask to speak with Alice.
Thank you so much for being our patient. We will continue to do our very best to take care of you.
Robert S. Katz, M.D.
Professor of Medicine, Rush Medical College and Northwestern University’s Feinberg School of Medicine
Master, American College of Rheumatology